CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
A career in Finance will provide you with the opportunity to help CookUnity in all aspects of our Finance internal function including owning and managing the company’s financial forecasting process and analyzing operational KPIs to enable and drive financially informed decision-making across the company.
By turning insights into strategies and models into plans, you will craft the process that enables everyone in the company to understand and evaluate our business's financial health and trajectory.
- Build, improve and maintain financial models and presentations for long-term business planning and growth opportunities for consumption by the Executive Team and Board members.
- Be responsible for the analysis of operational KPIs and our subscription ‘growth equation’, having a critical eye and constantly looking for variances or impactful changes in trends to our annual recurring revenue, lifetime revenue per customer, and marketing acquisition costs.
- Communicate results and trends to management with appropriate recommendations for action when results drift from the forecast.
- Partner with senior leaders across the business to gain insight and inputs/drivers for scenario planning for growth opportunities.
- 3+ years of FP&A / Financial Due Diligence / Financial Modeling / Decision Analytics experience, gained in a similar role at a high-growth VC / PE backed business, or in an Investment bank or Consulting capacity.
- Proven ability to analyze key drivers of revenue growth such as LTV, marketing CAC, customer cohorts.
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, pivot tables, and macros.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, as well as a collaborative mindset and approach to work
- Advanced English Level
Nice to have:
- Savvy and experienced with forecasting, reporting, and procurement software (e.g., Adaptive, NetSuite, etc.).
- Exposure to 3 statement Financial Models.
- Experience presenting data to a Board, and supporting fundraising efforts.
Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
Work remotely: design the life that you want
Enjoy 15 business days of vacation each year from start date.
Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid
Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises
Personalized English coach
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.