CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a passionate Product Design leader who can drive a holistic design and research strategy across our entire eater and chef-facing digital platforms. We are a growing team of product designers and researchers, so you should have previous experience with leading teams responsible for high-growth consumer marketplace or e-commerce products.
Come lead us in building a cohesive design framework for ideation and execution, and strive for consistent alignment between design, product, and engineering!
We also desire a strategic and growth mindset as you’d be responsible for developing the careers of your teams and joining CookUnity’s senior leadership team.
This is a leadership role in a growth-focused startup and will report directly to our Head of Product. You will manage our Product Design and User Research teams, but partner closely with CookUnity’s founder/CEO and leaders in Engineering, Marketing, CX, Operations, Chef Success, and the local markets.
Your role is instrumental in establishing a cohesive user experience across our digital and physical products, bringing the product vision to life, and inspiring innovation!
We very much care about our customers’ journey through eating and understanding amazing food, and some of these best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators as the primary members of this exciting and untapped creator economy. Not only CookUnity's "rising stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with as part of our (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
You can learn more about some of our research practices on the UserTesting Human Insights podcast.
This is a full-time hire.
- Own the company’s research and digital product design strategy, assets, and methodologies.
- Grow the design and research team and, more importantly, the impact and quality of the solutions.
- Mentor your team and the company on design thinking, product design, and research best practices, tools, processes, techniques, and methodologies.
- Guide your team through quantitative and qualitative research activities for CookUnity (frequent surveys, user interviews, in-product testing) across both eaters and chefs, and collaborate with Product and Data to draw out insights for action on the teams.
- Be a source for breakthrough ideas, particularly ones that result dramatically better customer happiness.
- Lead concept testing to evaluate creative opportunities in the user experience.
- Extend our design system to better ensure a consistent user experience and a faster design and development process.
- Keep internal and external team members up-to-date on progress and learnings.
- 10+ years of experience in product design, at least 4+ years focused on consumer marketplace or e-commerce products.
- 4+ years of experience managing designers.
- You're experienced in leading, resourcing, and building cross-functional teams.
- You have demonstrated the ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- You have experience as a strategic design leader and collaborating with executives.
- You have a mastery of modern User research techniques.
- You have proven experience creating beautiful, easy-to-use, mobile-first, high-converting digital shopping experiences.
- You have experience with Digital and also Physical products. You master lifecycle-focused research.
- You love food!
- Stock Options plan.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.