CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a customer-obsessed Fulfillment & Logistics Manager responsible for managing the strategic operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage/distribution of goods, supply chain management, and customer delivery of our kitchen located in Brooklyn.
You'll be representing CookUnity as the face and voice of the brand and a culture setter for employees and new hires.
Our Kitchen, located in Brooklyn, is responsible for delivering more than 3.5MM meals per year throughout the Northeast regions.
As the Sr. Operations Manager (Fulfillment & Logistics), you'll be responsible for streamlining the processes of packing, local and regional shipping and logistics with the goal of reaching our customers more efficiently. You'll also be responsible for the inbound supply chain management.
Success will be measured by customer satisfaction, credits and refunds, and profitability of operations including productivity of employees.
You'll be leading a team of 80+ and will help hire and train new team members with a long-term mindset nurturing positive daily habits.
You'll be partnering with other teams such as Customer Experience, Engineering, and Product to develop strong processes to minimize errors and ensure maximum productivity.
This position will report to the Market Director, New York.
- Manage and coach the individual fulfillment and logistics managers
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Manage customer Sales Order lifecycle from receiving of order to delivery to ensure timely fulfillment and on-time delivery
- Monitor and improve customer satisfaction as measured by on time delivery rate and accuracy of order fulfillment
- Responsible for financial efficiency of entire Fulfillment/logistics department, including employees, 3rd party shippers, supply cost, cost of errors (refunds)
- Manage the relationship with local and regional couriers and ensure our meals are delivered to our customers at the time and date they expect
- Collaborate with Customer Experience to continuously improve the delivery experience and respond to delivery exceptions and requests
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to a complex logistics challenges
- 5+ years of experience in leading high volume logistic department. Experience implementing and building new systems.
- 5+ years large team management experience.
- Comprehensive background in Production, Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing (e-commerce and food delivery industries preferred).
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement.
- Experience using large databases and e-commerce framework (we use Magento and OnFleet).
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite.
- Talent for communicating, influencing, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges.
- Charismatic leader with a passion to unite people together and build community.
- Being able to speak conversational Spanish and/or another language is a plus!
- Health Insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision).
- PTO & Sick Days Leave.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!