CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking to hire our first Sr. HRBP Manager to support our Field Operations teams. Success for our business is fueled by achieving operational excellence and this position will play a key role in partnering with our operation leaders and teams to achieve this goal.
As a Senior HRBP Manager, Field Operations your role is to own all HR functions across the different markets and supports market leaders achieving business goals. This role is the direct business partner to groups in culinary and field operations, which includes exempt employees and a large multi unit hourly workforce.
Critical for the role is to serve as an active partner in hiring process, provide strategic and tactical leadership direction, execute our people initiatives and drive HR functional excellence and process improvement in all locations.
- Develop, deploy and implement effective hiring practices to ensure a qualified and diverse candidate pool is presented to hiring managers
- Coordinate with the Market Directors to stay within opening recruiting budget while finding ways to attract new hires
- Drive and direct employee engagement efforts and provide day to day performance management for Senior Leaders, Front Line Managers and Associates
- Assists leaders with development plans for key talent to improve readiness levels and further career progression
- Provide guidance to team members regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, coaching and corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans and terminations
- Support the implementation and execution of all benefits and compensation policies, procedures, programs and communication
- Ensure organizational compliance with all Federal and State laws
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives & productivity
- 5+ years’ human resources management/HRBP experience
- Experience supporting hourly, front-line employee populations at rapid-growth business environments
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following industries: shipping/logistics distribution centers, manufacturing environments, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and customer-facing / customer-service environments
- Experience in workforce planning/flex staffing
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a big plus
- Able to travel at least 50% of the time to our different locations across the US
- Health Insurance coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Stock Options plan
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Fitness subsidies
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!