CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a talented Managing Director to play a key role in developing the strategy, building culture, and managing the operations for the Chicago market.
The Assistant Market Director is responsible for managing the daily operations of the CookUnity flagship location located in Brooklyn. This is a hands-on role that requires an individual who is comfortable wearing many hats. You will be leading and coordinating with the Kitchen, Fulfillment, and Logistics teams and ensure they are set for success every day.
- Oversees the management of all aspects of the operation including but not limited to fulfillment, logistics, inventory management, kitchen operations, budget and forecasting, facilitating weekly management meetings
- Continuous improvement to keep credits & refunds low and stable
- Strong customer focus. Striving to make every customer experience the best in industry
- Streamline, automate and simplify processes and tools
- Monitor and develop team member performance from the Manager level down including, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, oversight of scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and reward
- Must enjoy creative problem solving and have a strong interest in developing a thorough understanding of our business
- Will assist in any job, big or small. Strong desire to provide hands-on support to the team when necessary but also manage with a bigger picture in mind
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to improve Eater, employee, and Chef experience
- Responds accordingly to events of high urgency
- Can create a meaningful impact in an organization that provides a financial or cultural benefit for the company
- Audits Food safety & quality assurance standards
- You have 5+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, private equity, technology, or applicable management experience in the food industry
- You have previous experience running your own business or working for a high-growth startup
- You are obsessed with 1% improvements
- You have a streamlining mindset: automate, reduce and simplify
- At your core, you’re a data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of tackling urgent challenges with innovative solutions and efficient communication
- You have experience leading people, directly and indirectly, to a common, shared goal. You are a peoples person. Humaneness. Kind. Can truly listen
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering against hard deadlines
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- You love food
- Health Insurance coverage.
- PTO & Paid sick days.
- Stock Options Plan.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: ****3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly.
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!