CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're building our team in Atlanta that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We're looking for hard-working, passionate team members and value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
The Receiving Associate receives our products and ensures they are in optimal quality for our Eaters. They verify packing slips against actual orders and process invoices as needed. Our Receiving Associates also assist in organizing, rotating and storing all goods in their designated areas.
- Manage deliveries of food, returns and equipment into Marketplace
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets of product
- Checking product temperatures as needed
- Ensure the organization of dry storage, walk-ins and freezers within the Marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by leaders
- Help to maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized working environment
- Uses food safety standards and FIFO methods to ensure freshness of food
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 8 hours without any reasonable accommodations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful
- Ability to operate a pallet jack is helpful but not required
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Competitive hourly rates
- Lunch served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time and Part-time
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!