CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Director of Food Safety & QA who will ensure that CookUnity’s food is fit for consumption accomplishing the Food Safety & Quality Standards required.
In this role, you will define and lead the development of the Food Safety & QA standards for CookUnity in an integral and Regional way, accomplishing current regulations. You will ensure that the operations in every CookUnity facility accomplish the Food Safety requirements and regulations of the Inspecting Organization and follows the company Food Safety Programs & HACCP plan.
You will also have the opportunity to develop a Food Safety & QA System on solid foundations with a Regional scope, ensuring the achievement of best practices.
You will be responsible of hiring, training and managing a team in every market.
- Ensure all processes are scientifically validated to guarantee Food Safety.
- Ensures all the people working in CookUnity (directly & indirectly food handlers) receives the accurate Food Safety training to avoid any risk of contamination during their work and make sure each employee accomplish the Food Safety requirements to work in a food producer facility.
- Coordinate & follow up, the Food Safety & QA plans to ensure the scope of the CookUnity Standards with the Food Safety responsible in every Market Place.
- Develop monthly Food Safety & QA report.
- Coordinate the suppliers approval to guarantee the achievement of the Food Safety & QA regulations & standards for all the ingredients & supplies.
- Make sure Food Safety potential risks are under control; and when necessary, take instant and accurate decisions against any deviations, working together and in constant communication with the Food Safety leaders along CookUnity’s facilities.
- Respond under any Food Safety & Quality complaint, and make sure to follow it up with the corresponding Food Safety Leader, until the deviation is eliminated to avoid its recurrence.
- Coordinate with the designated team, any product recall and/or retirement from the market if required.
- Science University degree with Food Orientation preference (ex: Food Engineering, Food Technologist, Chemical Engineering, between others)
- Proven depth knowledge and technical expertise in Food Safety & QA.
- 5+ years of experience in similar Food Safety & QA positions with a Regional Food Safety team in charge.
- Auditor / inspector experience in Food Safety Standards preferred (AIB. BRC, GFSI, Serve Safe, FSSC22000, between others)
- Experience in leading a company in a Food Safety Certification preferred (GMPs, HACCP, AIB, BRC, GFSI, Serve Safe, FSSC22000, between others)
- Proven experience leading a diverse team within a fast-paced environment
- Experience executing Food Safety Programs, HACCP plan & QA Programs
- State/Local Food Safety Certification; (ie. HACCP Manager, PCQI, Serve Safe)
- Health insurance coverage
- Stock Options Plan
- PTO & Sick days leave
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- Fitness subsidies
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!