CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Food Safety Manager which will ensure a sustainable, safe, clean, and functional environment in our Commissary kitchen in Brooklyn.
In this role you will ensure that the operations of the facility accomplish the Food Safety requirements and regulations of the Inspecting Organization and follows the company Food Safety Programs & HACCP plan.
You will have the opportunity to develop the annual Food Safety Training Plan and execute it for the quality control team, Food Safety associates & all the personnel involved in the operations and under the Food Safety Scope.
- Develop Food Safety Programs and keep updated the existing ones.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the Food Safety Standards in the facility and accomplishment of the practices in all the areas under the Food Safety scope.
- Manage the critical control processes with the food safety associates and follow up Food Safety accomplishment and improvement plans to eliminate and minimize any potential risk.
- Reports/tracks any significant deviations from quality standards and enforces corrective action as necessary.
- Verify monitoring logs and checklists on a daily basis
- Maintain problem-solving and troubleshooting skills for manufacturing concerns/issues.
- Participate as an active member in GMP/HACCP, safety, and process development
- Science University degree with Food Orientation preference (ex: Food Engineering, Food Technologist, Chemical Engineering, between others)
- Proven depth knowledge and technical expertise in Food Safety.
- 5+ years of experience in Food Safety positions with a Food Safety team in charge.
- Experience managing food operations with a proven track record within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience leading a diverse team in a startup environment
- Fluent in Spanish is highly valued
- Experience executing Food Safety Programs and HACCP plan
- State/Local Food Safety Certification; (ie. HACCP Manager, PCQI, Serve Safe)
- Health insurance coverage
- PTO & Sick days leave
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- Fitness subsidies
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!