CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
It is a priority for CookUnity to always earn and reinforce the trust of our eaters. Part of that priority is working with Operational Excellence. As part of our investment in Operational Excellence, we’re hiring a Platform Reliability and Security Manager to monitor and evolve the quality of our digital systems. You will design and implement processes to reinforce our applications, train team members to design resilient APIs and architectures, and assist in troubleshooting issues. You will also develop and implement security strategies including team training, third party application security testing, and recommending system improvements.
- Train team members on best practices in security.
- Organize periodic application security testing through a vendor.
- Monitor authentication and other critical security systems.
- Perform periodic risk assessment using well-known security standards.
- Recommend security improvements.
- Train team members on best practices in reliability.
- Develop monitoring systems to monitor all internal and external services for correct operation.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to prioritize improvements to monitoring and prioritize infrastructure improvements.
- Recommend new technologies to improve reliability.
- Monitor system performance.
You’re a great fit because you...
- are highly independent
- have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity
- act with urgency and ownership to shape a successful environment for your team
- enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment
- have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure
- can effectively balance resolving critical issues that pop up with making fundamental strategic investments.
- have strong written and presentation skills
- USD compensation
- Paid Time Off: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina)
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!