CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
If you are interested in joining our team please contact us!
PAY RATE: $17/HOUR
Who we are
CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we're elevating the at-home dining experience.
We are growing rapidly and looking for hard-working, passionate team members that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers.
We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we'd love to hear from you
- Receive shipments, check for damages and sort stock for distribution in the market/warehouse
- Keep record of invoices sent and received
- Fill orders by taking items from the warehouse and prepare them for delivery to chefs
- Monitor shelves and fill them in when needed
- Keep up with the movement of merchandise in the store and warehouse
- Contact supplier and resolve any shipping issues
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- You are eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Must be familiar with FIFO and food safety regulations
- You are reliable: punctual and regular attendance is required — changing the way the world eats and chef work takes heart and discipline!
- Ability to operate a pallet jack is helpful but not required
- Experience working in a food facility is helpful but not required
- Able to stand or walk for 8 hour shifts and carry up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally may be required to work in a cold refrigerated area kept at 35 degrees
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid weekly on Wednesdays
- Meals served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available
- 4/10 shifts available when applicable and/or desired
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.