CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
As a growth engineer, you will be part of a great team that works together with marketing, design, products, data, and CX. Together, you'll run our high-tempo experimentation program and deliver outcomes at a rapid pace. It's a combination of optimizations, creative thinking, and smart testing around how to drive our growth loops at an even faster pace without missing the focus on quality.
This Role has an important impact on the life cycle and experience of our potential and current customers.
So if you think you are ready to dive in, let's move forward. And if you don't, but you're interested in learning what the future means to us let's move forward too!
This is our current stack:
Frameworks: NextJS, ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS, GraphQL, and Apollo.
Infrastructure: AWS Based: Kubernets, S3, CloudFront, and RDS.
Here are some of the things you’ll help us with:
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and repair technical issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners: Design, Product, Marketing, and vendors.
- Develop efficient MVPs that can be scaled to a full feature.
- High-tempo experimentation - Run effective A/B tests (tools: Optimizely, Google Optimize, or home-grown A/B testing tools) to validate new and existing features, to improve user experience and performance.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- You understand how to interact with and build backend REST APIs.
- You have an advanced level of English.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- USD compensation.
- 3 week vacation.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!