CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Senior Financial Planning Analyst to join the Finance team and provide in-depth, insightful analyses of all revenue drivers to help make decisions and contribute to the growth of CookUnity. Develop scalable financial reports and models to validate and communicate weekly business reviews, Indicators, and monthly forecasting cycles.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst will become an expert analyzing Indicators, financial results, and budget variance. You will create models, methodologies, and dashboards to support data analysis, budget cycles, financial forecasts, and performance metrics reporting.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst role requires extensive data reconciliation & consolidation, as well as variance analysis. Additionally, coupling the use of scenario and sensitivity analysis to forecast possible outcomes and using this theoretical information to create key metrics for monitoring. You will work closely with Business Unit Heads to build their budgets and forecast and you'll be in charge of creating the different dashboards to monitor KPIs.
The role requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high-quality financial analyses. You should be very interested in cross-departmental collaboration, such groups involve projects with Operations, Procurement, Marketing and Finance colleagues.
- Develop growth models and forecasts supporting revenue / spend optimization and scenario analysis.
- Help plan exercises and the quarterly and annual budgeting cycles for all departments
- Partner with Growth and marketing leadership and provide financial and business analysis to help develop Marketing investment decisions and discounting strategy.
- Preparation of dashboards and reporting on key business metrics to stakeholders
- Business partner with a wide range of stakeholders, helping them to understand their performance through data so we can drive greater profitability
- Delivery of competitor analysis and market trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or Accounting; MBA or Master in Finance is a plus.
- +4 years of experience in investment banking.
- The ability to present and experience communicating insights
- Advanced ability to maintain complex spreadsheets and experience in complex modeling
- Experience managing processes and projects
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Experience in Tableau or similar is a plus
- USD compensation
- 3 week vacation + national holidays
- Meditation & English lessons
- A generous amount of credits in a local Food Delivery service!
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!