CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for:
As a Food Warehouse Manager, you will contribute to the success of CookUnity by overseeing the Food Warehouse/Marketplace operations, with a focus on cost efficiency and continuous improvement on processes.
The role will lead and develop a team responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including receiving, inventory management, and distribution.
- Oversee the Marketplace/Food Warehouse, market checkout and food distribution to the chef teams
- Check incoming shipments versus invoices and order sheets
- Continuous oversight of inventory to ensure optimal levels of product
- Ensure all product is logged, stored, and neatly organized taking into account FIFO and food safety standards
- Train The Market's teams in order to ensure they count on the skills and criteria required for their tasks, including HACCP guidelines
- Refine receiving and cold chain procedures to ensure efficiency and freshness of ingredients
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Scheduling of Marketplace and receiving team, according to labor budget.
- Create and maintain long-term vendor relationships
- Ensures all invoicing is accurate and completed daily
- Manages Chef ingredient requests and quality complaints
- Files product claims with vendors, ensuring proper credits are received
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, such as a management of a Grocery store, warehouse, or procurement department experience
- Experience in food procurement and extensive food knowledge
- Experience in inventory management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Understanding of food safety and quality standards
- Ability to train and inspire employees to perform at their best
- Ability to communicate and understand Spanish
- Health Insurance coverage
- PTO & Paid sick days
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!