CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for designing simple, innovative and intuitive user-centered solutions. The ideal candidate has been responsible for design leadership of the consumer-facing shopping experiences for a marketplace or e-commerce company. We want someone who knows the patterns that work well, but also someone who has the creativity to challenge them and explore something that will be unique for CookUnity.
The product designer on the Menu Experience squad will work with the product, engineering, and marketing leads to design and test a world-class menu browsing experience to maximize our customer engagement and highlight our unique variety of meals made by our award-winning chefs. As our menu grows and changes over time, the Menu Experience Product Designer will lead for creating a sense of joy and discovery while staying laser-focused on usability.
We care deeply about helping our customers eat better and believe that the key is a simple, habit-forming menu experience that has the widest variety of high-quality meals available. We have designed our company strategy around this. This role is the anchor of that - you will design the experiences that enable our customers to discover meals that they love!
You’ll be responsible for the UX and UI for the Menu Experience squad, reporting to the Director of Product Design for the Engagement Zone. You’ll partner with a lead product manager and a lead engineer to execute the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap for your squad. You’ll work with the team’s engineers to deliver experiments and outcomes at a rapid pace. You will also be a senior member of the design team, contributing to company-wide design initiatives.
This is a full-time hire.
- Drive all design decisions based on user research, product data, market trends, and your well-honed intuition.
- Design a high-quality, engaging, and modern menu and meal browsing experience with speed and attention to detail.
- Lead work sessions with your squad, leveraging design-thinking methodologies and practices.
- Identify new, high-impact product improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to team process by implementing current best practices in product design, as well as industry trends.
- Work closely with product managers to define and ensure project/feature success.
- Work closely with engineers, continue to refine design-to-dev processes to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Clearly communicate product design ideas and solutions to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- You have 4-6 years of experience in product design, with at least 2 years focused on consumer-facing, mobile-centric experiences focused on the shopping experience within consumer marketplace or e-commerce products.
- You are an expert in Figma, InVision, Notion, UserTesting, Lookback, Grain, and Webflow, with meaningful experience in A/B testing (e.g. Optimizely).
- You have proven experience in all phases of the design process including IA, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- You are a creative problem solver.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You have solid experience collecting and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- You have a well-rounded portfolio of product design work, with a focus on creating simple and creative user-centered experiences.
- You have a keen ability to communicate design concepts.
- You have a passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- You have experience working closely with product managers and engineers to deliver the highest quality user experience.
- You stay on top of the latest and best tools and techniques, and constantly share your knowledge with your team.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- USD compensation.
- 3 week vacation.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!