CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Director-level Product leader who can own our operational and chef-facing digital product experiences to enable us to scale from 2 kitchens and 35 chefs to a dozen kitchens and hundreds of chefs in the next couple of years. You should have solid experience with operations-oriented environments (e.g. ecommerce, managed marketplaces).
The CookUnity ChefOS is all of the tools, processes, and physical support that our chefs need to deliver their best meals every day of the week. We believe the best chefs are masters of their craft, and aspire for CookUnity to be the best place for them to perform that craft. The ChefOS will enable us to do that at scale.
The Director of Product for the ChefOS Zone role will oversee three squads (with more soon), enabling us to take all the orders placed each week by our customers, get the freshest ingredients into the hands of the chefs at the right moment, and package up and deliver those meals as with world-class reliability. We are rapidly growing our kitchens, customers, and chefs, so this person needs to be able to think in incredible detail, while also zooming out to know how what we are putting in place will scale nationally (and, in time, internationally). You’ll set the bar and mentor your 2+ direct reports on how to do this for their squads.
CookUnity’s customers expect the best quality and variety, and our chefs are masters of delivering on that. The ChefOS Zone is responsible for making that happen every day through smart software, good process, and aligned incentives that drive behavior for the best possible experience for our customers.
Some of the best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators. Not only CookUnity's "rising stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with this year as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
You’ll report directly to our Chief Product Officer, who is located in New York City and has mentored many product leaders to expand their leadership skills (in addition to running the NY Product Conference!).
As a leader of the ChefOS Zone, you’ll partner with product design/engineering/data leadership, as well as CookUnity’s founder/CEO and leaders in Operations, Chef Success, and in the local markets to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap.
This is a full-time hire.
- Own the company’s ChefOS digital strategy.
- Find and prioritize high potential ideas to work on that delivery on that strategy.
- Keep internal and external team members up-to-date.
- Own your targets.
- Use data and empathy to understand our users in order to deliver Operational Excellence.
- Partner with our UX Researcher to frequently interview users, conduct surveys, and use other techniques to deeply learn about the needs of our customers, chefs, and internal teams.
- Dig in to understand data patterns with our Product Analysts.
- Write clear, efficient product specs and mentor your team on this important skill.
- Run effective tests of new product concepts, via A/B testing when possible, or with other means when not possible.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, at least 2+ years focused on operations-oriented products.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager of product managers.
- Direct experience partnering with fulfillment/logistics/operations teams to establish and scale operational excellence.
- Strongly preferred experience rolling out inventory tracking systems (e.g. barcode, RFID, computer vision), especially at a food company.
- A strong data-driven, analytical mindset to set hypotheses, narrow in on opportunities, and drive impact on KPIs.
- Experience with Clubhouse, Figma, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely are a plus.
- You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process.
- You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic to technical partners and inspiring a distributed team.
- You are a DO-er. You get things done with others and across teams with a problem-solving mindset and avoiding unnecessary conflict.
- You have technical proficiency with Product Management tools such as writing stories, performing analytics, building prototypes, and user research.
- You are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment and setting new teams up for success.
- You can effectively balance resolving critical issues that pop up with making fundamental strategic investments.
- You have a growth mindset and believe in setting super ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
Health Insurance coverage.
Stock Options plan.
Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!