CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're building our team in Brooklyn that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We're looking for hard-working, passionate team members and value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Who we are
CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we're elevating the at-home dining experience.
We are growing rapidly and looking for hard-working, passionate team members that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers.
We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we'd love to hear from you
- Receive shipments, check for damages and sort stock for distribution in the market/warehouse
- Keep record of invoices sent and received
- Fill orders by taking items from the warehouse and prepare them for delivery to chefs
- Monitor shelves and fill them in when needed
- Keep up with the movement of merchandise in the store and warehouse
- Contact supplier and resolve any shipping issues
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- You are eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Must be familiar with FIFO and food safety regulations
- You are reliable: punctual and regular attendance is required — changing the way the world eats and chef work takes heart and discipline!
- Ability to operate a pallet jack is helpful but not required
- Experience working in a food facility is helpful but not required
- Able to stand or walk for 8 hour shifts and carry up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally may be required to work in a cold refrigerated area kept at 35 degrees
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Lunch served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!