CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a talented Managing Director to play a key role in developing the strategy, building culture, and managing the operations for the Chicago market.
The Managing Director is responsible for providing a consistent and predictable experience to our customers and our chefs. As the main leader of our Chicago chef community, you will be constantly improving the selection and quality of meals in partnership with the chefs. All this with a long-term mindset nurturing positive daily habits for all the team with special care on scalability, being cost-efficient, and kind internally.
You'll be leading and coordinating the Kitchen, Fulfillment, and Logistics teams and ensure they are set for success. Focusing on effectiveness and efficiency as we grow.
- Cook and ship exceptional food quality as measured by customers meal ratings.
- Positioning CookUnity as the #1 platform for chefs in Chicago and attracting the most talented and passionate chefs to the platform.
- Partner with independent chefs and our corporate Menu teams to develop the most exciting selection of meals for our customers.
- Keep credits & refunds low and stable
- Streamline, automate and simplify processes and tools
- Logistics: forecasting, team-building, last mile delivery
- Strong customer focus. Striving to make every customer experience the best in industry
- Fulfillment: stocks, replacements, packing, audit of packaged meals
- Production & Kitchen management
- P&L budget
- Chef recruiting & chef community nurturing
- Menu development through chef community. With data and objective guidelines.
- Build and optimize the kitchen infrastructure
- Food safety & compliance oversight
- You have 5+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, private equity, technology, or applicable management experience in the food industry
- You have previous experience running your own business or working for a high-growth startup
- You are obsessed with 1% improvements
- You have a streamlining mindset: automate, reduce and simplify
- At your core, you’re a data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of tackling urgent challenges with innovative solutions and efficient communication
- You have experience leading people, directly and indirectly, to a common, shared goal. You are a peoples person. Humaneness. Kind. Can truly listen
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering against hard deadlines
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- You love food
- Health Insurance coverage
- PTO & Paid sick days
- Stock Options Plan
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!