CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
Reporting directly to the CEO & Founder, the VP of People will fully embody our organizational values, embracing the diversity of our employees, chefs, and partners and harnessing our collective power to build a high-performance and highly engaging culture. You will build and grow our people team, owning our policies, activities, processes, and programs.
Over the next year, we're planning for growth in our New York, LA, Austin and Latin America locations and more national expansion. To execute our growth plans, this role will professionalize and scale the recruiting, engagement, and retention of our incredibly talented people.
- Build and lead a world-class talent management function, including recruiting, onboarding and employee engagement.
- Manage a team of four (to begin with) and define and execute the organizational design for the People Team structure, as well as the Company as a whole.
- Build, improve and formalize our people processes, embarking on projects including career pathing and role leveling, compensation benchmarking, performance management, and behavioral interviewing.
- Own our hiring plan and recruiting process, ensuring we are equipped to scale up our team and have the resources, systems and processes we need to be successful.
- Partner with team leads and managers to evaluate current team structure and skills, building the hiring plan and planning our organizational design, thoughtfully identifying talent gaps and managing succession planning.
- Engrain learning and development into our culture, coaching our managers and leaders, and building our learning and development program.
- Spearhead building a remote, international culture from the ground-up.
- Own HR Operations, including our international benefits strategy, policies and systems.
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions.
- 10+ years of experience in HR and recruiting functions including at least 3+ years of management experience
- Experience working in a high-growth company, having experienced the successes and failures that come with rapid scale
- Experience with blended workforces including multiple locations (international is a plus), a mix of salaried and hourly employees as well as contractors, and remote employees.
- You are an inspiring, sensitive and empathetic person with the ability to build strong, trusting relationships
- You are a data-driven and process-oriented leader
- You have high integrity and sound judgment. You are comfortable navigating sensitive and sometimes challenging situations, and you know how to become a trusted advisor to employees at all levels within the organization.
- You have extraordinary empathy coupled with utmost professionalism and you exemplify our company values.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus!
- Health Insurance coverage
- Stock Options plan
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Fitness subsidies
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!