CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for talented iOS engineers that love food, big challenges, and a powerful purpose. The iOS squad's mission is to help eaters on the move find meals they love each time, enjoy the food they eat, feel they are eating healthy, and get back to spending time on the things they love. This squad includes 3 iOS engineers, a designer, and a product manager all fully dedicated to developing the eater's iOS experience.
Our customers use our mobile experience to sign-up, find their favorite meals from our 250+ item menu, and place their weekly order. They can easily chat with our highly rated customer service team to get any issues resolved. They are reminded about what's coming up via push notifications. The Mobile Squad is responsible for making this journey seamless and delightful.
The iOS Squad is part of the Engagement Zone which includes similar squads developing the Android experience and the web experience.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll report to your squad's Tech Lead. You'll work closely together with other squad members participating in an agile software development process. You'll work closely with your team to create and execute your roadmap. You'll be supported by other product development squads and other CookUnity business functions.
This is a full-time hire.
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast-paced environment.
- Work alongside Product & UX team's to build high quality experiences.
- Help estimate, plan and execute new features and integrations.
- Understanding end-user requirements and use cases and translating them into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Advocate for optimized practices across the engineering organization.
- Proficient in Swift, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with iOS design patterns.
- Understanding of Apple's design guidelines and ability to create exciting UI/UX design.
- Effective use of Git.
- Experience developing apps for the US-market. E-commerce/consumer facing app development a big plus!
- USD compensation.
- PTO: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina).
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!