CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a curious, innovative, food passionate Senior marketing professional responsible for driving campaigns, brand partnerships, and influential relationships to amplify and drive virality, credibility and relevance to our existing customers and access new audiences.
As Director of Campaign, your primary function is to drive awareness, relevance and affinity for the brand. You will have the unique opportunity to run and influence marketing campaigns focused on driving virality to access new audiences penetrating pop culture via powerful storytelling.
You'll be leading the efforts into PR breakthroughs—the position is strong and the playback is loud "the Spotify of Food"—developing faster cycles per market to increase flywheel velocity.
But success won't be simply running a cadence of marketing programs. The team’s true measurement is its ability to land large, talk-worthy events, placing CookUnity at the center of a cultural conversation.
Te role will be responsible for campaign, agency and traditional media management, and also strategic partnerships, PR, comms and social.
- Build, hire and mentor a diverse team of PR's, comms and social managers.
- Define our regional marketing campaigns strategy, structure and implementation process, setting clear goals and measuring effectiveness to drive efficiency.
- Develop strategic partnerships and brand activations through the entire customer lifecycle with a mindset of retention.
- Lead PR and Social Media Teams. Implement PR framework (database + samples + articles) to increase organic growth and WoM.
- Collaborate with the Content Team to build the evolution of the content strategy by evaluating the effectiveness of different content in different campaigns, collecting the needs and identifying opportunities across all markets.
- Work with Product Development, Culinary, Portfolio and Content teams to shape campaign themes, advise on marketing mix and investments for each program and align on implementation plans.
- Work with Growth Marketing to measure campaign performance and advise on course corrections needed as campaign execution unfolds.
- Develop our brand among our Chef Community to increase relation and retention.
- 10+ years of PR/Communication/Marketing experience with premium and/or technology brands.
- Proven track record of strategic media relations and campaign planning.
- You're experienced in leading, resourcing, and building teams and setting them for success.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders to identify and build support for unique story angles and idea.
- You have demonstrated the ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- You excel by collaborating cross—functionaly with other teams, and company leaders, while setting the tone for fast decision-making.
- You have a personal passion for community and are motivated to encourage others by a deep connection to CookUnity's mission and core values.
- Health Insurance coverage
- Stock Options plan
- Fitness subsidies
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!