CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a VP of Growth Marketing who will develop and execute strategies that generate new leads and consumers through online marketing campaigns. You will be in charge of the acquisition marketing, strategy management, execution, and optimization across channels. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day tactical and strategic operations, and also support sales and marketing analytics to drive performance improvements.
The Marketing team's mission is to introduce our company and brand to new consumers in our open markets, and also to keep current and potential customers apprised of new additions, updates, and new market openings. It has to deliver first on informing consumers about who we are and our offerings, and also engaging them in connecting with us to try our delightful meals. From there, the marketing turns to retention and growth within our current customer base.
As the VP of Growth Marketing, you will own online marketing programs that will enable us to meet our acquisition targets, sales, margin, and overall goal achievement. You’ll also build strategies and oversee optimization and measurement of consumer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and re-marketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty.
We’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook - we are looking for a proactive do-er who will create our marketing soup-to-nuts (no pun intended). Success for this role will be to help build the playbook, oversee the strategy, planning, and execution of the performance marketing function. We are planning to invest in our marketing functions with plans to hire 15 team members over the next 6 months.
This role is on the Marketing team and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Set up frameworks to create successful funnels leveraging our unique content (real chefs and widest variety). Design an acquisition mix that is truly user centric and where supply and demand meets.
- Media buying to bring traffic that converts to new users that meet our growth targets.
- Define and optimize paid media campaigns for customer acquisition across channels. Scaling proven channels and exploring new ones.
- Monitor and optimize Payback period of each cohort of users making the necessary adjustments in quality of acquisition.
- Collaborate with the Branding team in creating all the necessary own able content using our content studio in Brooklyn, NY.
- Collaborate with the Branding team in pushing a cohesive positioning and storytelling across all channels and touchpoints.
- Collaborate with the Growth Squad in creating all the necessary landing pages and funnels.
- Collaborate with the Comms team in developing and optimizing email and sms funnels.
- Identify, test and scale new media formats and marketing approaches.
- Partner closely with Branding, Product, Design, and Customer Experience to integrate customer marketing programs into all customer touchpoints.
- 8+ years Marketing experience driving customer acquisition across marketing channels (PPC, Display, Paid Search, Paid Social, Retargeting, etc) at a DTC company - startup experience preferred.
- 4+ years in a leadership role within Marketing, Demand Generation, and/or Growth functions.
- You're experienced in leading, resourcing, and building cross-functional teams.
- You have demonstrated the ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- You have experience demonstrating data insights (KPI’s, traffic, revenue, conversions, ROI) to improve marketing efforts.
- You have experience working with ad-serving platforms and digital monitoring tools, as well as offline marketing tools and strategies as well.
- You leverage A/B testing, bidded media, and marketing program optimization.
- You have proven experience building and executing direct and digital marketing campaigns for a business in a highly competitive and complex environment.
- You have a personal passion for community and are motivated to encourage others by a deep connection to CookUnity's mission and core values.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Stock Options plan.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- A generous amount CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!