CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a strong Tech Engineer that does what it takes for the team to deliver quality projects reliably. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be coding alongside the team, while also managing them, encouraging their professional growth, and maximizing their potential contributions.
The Tech lead for the Onboarding Squad owns the tactical and strategic tech direction of our web app post-signup. It’s a high-impact role with the ability to influence all parts of CookUnity. Our customers use our digital experience weekly to find their favorite meals from our 250+ item menu, and the Engagement Squad is responsible for making that easy and delightful.
You’ll be reporting to the Director of Engineering.
You'll co-lead the Onboarding Squad with a Lead Product Manager, and work along with the Head of Design to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap. You’ll also work with other Tech Leads to define the tech strategy and requirements. You will regularly communicate with senior management on status, risks, and overall product strategy.
This is our current stack:
Frameworks: ReactJS, Redux, Sagas, NodeJS, Express, GraphQL and Apollo.
Databases: MySQL and MongoDB.
Infrastructure: AWS Based: Kubernets, S3, CloudFront and RDS.
- Iterating on new and existing features to improve user experience and performance.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Improving the maturity of our technical stack with engineering best practices.
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and repair technical issues.
- Partner with members of Product, Growth, Marketing, Customer Experience and other teams to continually refine and improve our product in an agile process.
- You have experience designing and building cloud architecture, backends, middle ends, web apps, basically the whole combo!
- You understand how to interact with and build backend REST APIs.
- Previous experience leading or mentoring teams is highly valued.
- You have an advance level of English
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- USD compensation
- Paid Time Off: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina)
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!