CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
The Culinary Operations Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight and strong leadership to a growing team of associates and supervisors. This individual will have their hands in multiple aspects of the facility, managing the optimization and execution of the Kitchen operations.
On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for recipe consistency, production, food safety, quality control, packaging training, and organizing cleaning duties. You will also be responsible for the successful packaging and execution of allergy meals, which requires close attention to detail.
Success for this role is to become a partner, an ally, to our chef community making sure they have everything they need to execute an optimal menu strategy and execution.
- Deliver strategic operational leadership across all aspects of Kitchen operations, with a hands-on approach
- Manage, coach, and motivate a team of associates and supervisors, providing them with the necessary equipment, training, and quality direction
- Lead growth and development of direct team including performance management and professional development
- Maintain weekly and monthly financial reporting (forecasting, labor, food cost, and revenue)
- Maintain a work environment that guarantees and promotes food & team safety, ensuring compliance with Food Safety and Sustainability policies at all times
- Collaborate with Chef's onboarding and implementation of new menu items, as well as ensuring recipe accuracy during food production
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Restaurant / Food Manufacturing / High Volume Commercial Kitchen
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations
- NY Food Handlers License
- Proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, drive, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Experience working with and sourcing local, sustainable & organic ingredients
- Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills. Being able to speak conversational Spanish is strongly preferred.
🩺 Health Insurance coverage
🏖 PTO policy and paid holidays off
📈 We grow, you grow: Stock Options Plan granted on Day 1.
🌟 Eligible for bi-annual performance bonus
🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid
🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises
🥙 A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
🧘🏽♀️ Wellness perks: access to a nutritional coach and fitness subsidies to build a healthy lifestyle
👩🏾🏫 Personalized Spanish coach
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.