Hello. It’s nice to meet you.
We are ConveyIQ and we are changing the way companies engage top talent. Our mission is to build the most innovative products possible that enable employers to interact with talent and create remarkable hiring experiences at scale through recruiting automation. We're a growing technology startup located in the heart of NYC. We have fun, are constantly learning, and challenge one another to be the best we can be. We are over 40 employees strong and backed by some amazing venture capital firms like 3TS Capital, StarVest Partners, and Rittenhouse Ventures.
For more, check us out at www.conveyiq.com.
What you will accomplish here at ConveyIQ:
Our users demand good design - and it’s something we are known for.
As our lead product designer, you will decide what our users see and how the user interface behaves. You will work as part of our product team to help develop concepts and the final designs of our system. You will work closely with the engineering team to help them implement the designs that you have created.
We take pride in the development process from opportunity identification to final release. Our entire company follows Agile practices and we move fast, but we do structure the design process with enough time to do it well. You will enjoy seeing your work done right and seen quickly by our users. You will enjoy taking complex ideas and bringing a sense of simplicity and user friendliness to the final product.
We like everyone to contribute in the ways they think best. Humility is a core value of the company and challenging thinking, up and down the organization, is encouraged. Your ideas will be heard when you want them to whether they have to do with design or something entirely unrelated. Because of this, you should be a self-starter and ready for constant personal improvement.
We want our lead designer to get excited about designing products that not only work, but look amazing, and most importantly, make our customers lives easier. Want someone that is collaborative and knows how to both give and take constructive feedback. We want you to continue to learn new things and also teach others what you know.
If you understand how users think when they use software; if you can understand how design is used to solve business problems; if you understand the needs of developers to properly implement what you produce, then we want to talk to you.
Necessary skills for this role:
- 7+ years experience in product design
- Has led ownership of the full design process from research through synthesis & ideation, to UX & visual design and prototyping
- Have developed, maintained, and adhered to a style guide
- Know how to wireframe, grayscale, storyboard and prototype to communicate ideas that lead to final design
- Able to understand the business strategy and objectives behind the product - and how that translates to design
- Excellent artistic skills: understanding the impact of color, styling, and iconography
- Can work with the engineering and QA teams to develop and refine designs
- Advanced proficiency in tools of the trade such as (we are flexible) Sketch and Invision
- Ability to do user research and evaluate feedback a major plus
Some other things you may like to know:
- You will be brought through a structured interview process
- In evaluating you as a candidate, we commit to prioritize your results over your pedigree
- We would like to see a portfolio of work and will ask you to critique and what we have already produced
- We commit to moving quickly throughout the process, from application to offer
- We promise to be real and extremely transparent, warts and all. Humility is a core value shared at all levels of the organization
- We offer great benefits, including covering 100% of employee’s health insurance, a 401(k) plan, and equity for all our employees