Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
As a Solutions Engineer, you will consult directly with prospective customers, learning their business, their industry, technical requirements and competitive landscape. You will leverage your technical, product, and industry expertise to sell project44 solutions that enhance productivity and create new levels of supply chain visibility. You will collaborate with our sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of integration with project44's SaaS solution. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, Proofs of Value and other technical accelerators. You will become the trusted technical advisor for our customers, designing solutions, answering technical questions, and facilitating project44 solution deployment for new customers.
- Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to prospects and customers
- Document and promote complete solutions via white boarding, pilots and presentations
- Partner with sales peers to drive new sales and expand existing business
- Demonstrate understanding of the Transportation & Logistics market, including trends, industry business processes and industry use cases
- Maintain and apply knowledge of technical pre-sales, implementation of application integration & APIs
- Deliver recommendations to product & engineering team members based on customer and prospective customer feedback
- Execute customized product demonstrations that speak to the specific needs of the prospect
- Run Value Assessments with prospective customers in order to produce a tailored and quantifiable ROI presentation
- Coordinate with implementation team members to produce Statements of Work and technical design documents that fully capture project requirements
- Support the response to RFP’s, RFI’s, and Information Security questionnaires
- Engage with sales team members to run comprehensive discovery workshops with enterprise level customers
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- 3+ years combined experience in pre-sales, implementation, or consultative roles focused on SaaS technologies. Direct experience with Transportation and Logistics applications is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of global supply chain processes, including import/export management, ocean shipping, and freight forwarding.
- Deep knowledge of logistics processes, including transportation management, warehousing, network design and maintenance, and inventory management
- Proven track record of managing complex, technical sales cycles with global enterprises
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to relay technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand and document technology requirements to integrate with cloud-based and on-premise applications
- Experience with supporting web service integrations
- Fluency in technical data formats, notably JSON and XML
- High level knowledge of application design principles, programming concepts, and information security standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in support of Proofs of Value and Pilots
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus, but not required
- Experience with field sales and willingness to travel up to 50%