Why Convey by project44?
From parcel to freight, and first to final mile, Convey by project44 helps the world’s largest retailers, manufacturers, and logistics service providers reduce costs, improve visibility, and transform transportation into their next competitive advantage. We power better customer delivery experiences for brands such as Walmart, The Home Depot, Nordstrom, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Casper Mattresses. The transportation and logistics industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to help us change the way the world ships.
We’re looking for devops engineers like you to become key members of our engineering organization. You will play a vital role in taking projects from idea to production by building high-quality, simple, and elegant solutions. You will join our fast-growing DevOps team in Austin! You will help engineering teams evaluate and choose emerging technologies - containers, auto-scaling, self-healing capabilities, performance and code quality tooling, etc.
You’re an empathetic engineer who will drive DX (Developer Experience) improvements through automation and standardization - (Push button deployments, Automated Rollbacks). You will champion security practices and protective design. Lastly, you will triage platform issues responding to automated alerts/pages, perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure SLA and capacity requirements.
Who You Are
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You are a highly effective communicator and team player
- You have scaled globally distributed systems
- You practice cloud native design
- You are familiar with ECS and Kubernetes
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills across application, database, and cloud infrastructure
- You have experience with SOC 2 compliance
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You have solid engineering fundamentals with one or more areas of deep knowledge and experience
What You’ll Do
- Configure Infrastructure management using Terraform or equivalent
- Code/Script in Bash, Golang, Java, Python
- Participate in scaling critical systems by building resilient and performant infrastructure
- Support and utilize monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus, Sentry, Observe
- Work with engineers to maintain uptime, and quickly recover from production issues
- Enable engineers to access our systems with security and compliance top of mind
- Work with key stakeholders to make critical decisions
- Be a positive role model and mentor for developers in all areas of code health
Technologies We Use
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment on GitLab CI/CD
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java is our language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Postgres is our SQL database of choice
** Must be located in the US or Canada **