Convey is the first outcome-oriented supply chain management technology. We provide businesses worldwide unmatched visibility into shipping and delivery and the tools to take action from international point of origin to final destination. Our clients include the world’s largest businesses spanning retail, manufacturing, and logistics services and all share in our vision for a future where supply chains are dynamic, agile and data-driven. We believe that one day every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed & enhanced by our platform, creating better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
Convey is looking for an experienced Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Account Director (EAD) to join our Customer Success team as we continue to grow our customer base and expand our relationships, products and value for each. We strive to be considered a highly strategic partner, not simply a software vendor and this role is the cornerstone for ensuring that we realize that goal. To that end, the role is not sales or quota-bearing and instead measured on retention, NPS and growth.
This person’s primary responsibility will be acting as the strategic trusted advisor and partner to our customers post-sale and throughout their customer journey. This will require frequent communication both in-person and remote with each customer to continuously discover key business outcomes, create success plans and grow relationships both wide and deep. Additionally, this person will be accountable to deliver successful outcomes by coordinating internally across teams and resources. This person will be highly positive, collaborative, empathetic, and have very strong communication skills.
Oversee complex projects for enterprise clients across complete life-cycle, from Sales hand-off through go-live and Production Support hand-off, with grace and attention to detail.
- Deliver, retain grow and communicate value and ROI to our enterprise customers
- Ensure our customers have an amazing journey from implementation to renewal and expansion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our enterprise customers’ executive leadership as well as operational, logistics, customer care and ecommerce teams while being their trusted advisor and internal advocate
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers’ desired business outcomes and turn data into compelling stories and actionable insights to help them succeed
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends internally and to our customers
- Organize and lead executive business reviews (EBR) with customers
- Organize and lead internal account reviews for relationship mapping, handoffs, at-risk plans, and expansion opportunities
- Build actionable success plans assigning resources across the appropriate teams and be held accountable to achieve the desired outcomes
- Communicate health of the customer internally and create actionable success plans for at-risk customers
- Work cross-functionally with sales, product, professional services and engineering to help build a world-class customer delivery platform
- Work relentlessly to be viewed as a strategic partner instead of a software vendor
- 5+ years of management consulting, strategic account management, customer success or other customer-facing role
- Experience in software-as-a-service managing complex and highly strategic enterprise relationships, driving key business objectives and managing executive business reviews
- Proven ability to expand relationships both across the organization and deeply within each department
- Analytical skills with proven ability to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations for our customers
- Experience working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers
- A highly collaborative individual that can work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience managing forecasts and achieving goals
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone and through email
- A collaborative individual that can work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams
- Proven ability to discover root problems by asking great questions and develop creative solutions to create value for our customers
- Bias to take action using all resources available to help our customers create a world-class delivery experience
- Empathy for our customers and their end customers
- Experience in retail, ecommerce, supply chain, or logistics is not required but is ideal for the role
- Must be located in US or Canada
Technologies We Use
- JIRA & Confluence
- Google Apps Suite
- MS Office