Convey is the first outcome-oriented supply chain management technology. We provide businesses worldwide unmatched visibility into shipping and delivery and the tools to take action from international point of origin to final destination. Our clients include the world’s largest businesses spanning retail, manufacturing, and logistics services and all share in our vision for a future where supply chains are dynamic, agile and data-driven. We believe that one day every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed & enhanced by our platform, creating better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
Convey is seeking a smart, passionate and collaborative Senior Business Analyst to join our Professional Services Team. If you are obsessed with data, analytics, and customer satisfaction, then you may be the perfect fit.
Convey’s products power better consumer delivery experiences and outcomes for some of the largest ecommerce retailers in the world, like Walmart, The Home Depot, Costco, H&M and Casper Mattresses. In this highly collaborative role, you will have two very important focus areas. First, is an internal focus intended to level up our Client Delivery processes, performance, and client satisfaction. You will help in analysis and reporting, identification of areas for improvement, and ownership of data and dashboarding tools for our Implementation team to better meet our client’s requirements through high quality data integrations. Second, you will serve as the Convey data expert on client engagements where more advanced data solutions are required. You will help in requirements gathering, strategic recommendations, delivering custom reports, and identification of data service offerings and product enhancements to better serve our clients.
The “relentless pursuit of customer value” is Convey’s #1 company value, and Convey’s ability to deliver quality data integrations efficiently and partner with clients to deliver solutions for their complex ecosystems are key enablers for the ongoing growth of Convey’s business.
- Internal analysis and reporting on Client Delivery process and performance.
- Build out customer use cases and work closely with our clients.
- Identification of areas for process, data, or product improvements, recommendation of strategies, and helping to measure change ROIs.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards to be used by our Integration Engineers, and potentially our clients and integration partners, to drive higher quality integrations while reducing delivery cost.
- Serve as data consultant on client projects who require more complex reporting solutions.
- Lead requirements gathering, translate into deliverables, and own building custom dashboards and reports.
- Make strategic recommendations both internally and on client engagements, and generally be the Convey data expert in the room.
- Assist in enabling our analytics product, Discover, through configuration and customization of Sisense dashboards.
- Identify Data Services opportunities where Convey could provide higher value and closer partnerships with our clients and integration partners.
- 5+ years experience as business analyst, data analyst, consultant, or equivalent customer-facing role with a track record of increased responsibility.
- Ability to develop solutions to data problems through analysis and coordination with technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills — you have the ability to lead solution discussions, present ideas verbally, and follow up with clear written communication.
- Experience with the analytics tools of modern, cloud-based software development: SQL, RedShift, Google Analytics, Tableau / Sisense (or similar BI tools), Python, Excel, GitHub, Jira.
- Proven ability to discover root problems by asking great questions and develop creative solutions to create value for our customers.
- Strong collaboration capabilities - this role is customer facing and you will routinely work with multiple internal and external teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills — you are comfortable with frequent context switches.
- Positive attitude and passion — you have empathy for customers and want to make them successful
- Start-up and/or Software-as-a-Service experience is a plus.
- Ecommerce, supply chain, logistics, and/or SaaS operations experience is a plus.
- Must be located in the US or Canada.
Technologies We Use
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java is our language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Database and reporting tools include Postgres, Redshift, Sisense, PopSQL
- Collaboration tools include Zendesk, Jira, Google Apps Suite, Confluence, Slack