As a Sales Development Representative (aka business development or market development) at Convey, your contribution to the team will be critical in our achievement of prospect engagement and pipeline growth goals. Our net revenue retention rate is >140% because customers value what we deliver. The challenge? Getting the word out directly to key stakeholders who don’t realize (yet) that there’s a solution to their last mile delivery problems.
Our experiences breaking into the market so far have shown us that nuance and creativity will be required for this role. It’s not a volume game. It will require clever thinking and figuring out how to break into an account and get their attention. If you’ve been dialing for volume, and liking that approach, this may not be the right role for you. Engagement is the name of our game.
You lose sleep at night thinking about how to break into your targeted accounts. You know how to utilize the resources available to you (e.g. CRM, cadence/sequence software, content and messaging from marketing) and create scalable hunting and outreach plans to achieve your goals. You are fearless in your outreach, creating memorable and response-worthy approaches that prospects will love and sets the desired first impression for our brand. You’re excited to share with colleagues what’s working, what’s not, and help improve performance of the entire sales and marketing programs. You can’t wait to showcase your skills at cracking into new accounts, helping us take the first step in turning prospects into customers.
- Conduct account and contact research to identify the right target buyer within complex, enterprise organizations - using your research to craft messages that break through the noise to grab attention and interest
- Respond to assigned inbound leads with a goal to leverage that initial interest to reach the decision-maker
- Book initial appointments for your assigned sales directors, following a warm handoff process
- Be open to, and incorporate, feedback from sales and marketing to shape your outreach efforts and improve conversion results
- Utilize available tools to optimize your efforts, building automation into your plans, setting activity and follow-up reminders to keep yourself on track, and document everything
- Track your success, doubling down on those things that work, modifying what doesn’t, and collaborating across the team to share what you’ve learned. A rising tide lifts all boats!
- Contribute to formalizing SDR processes, improving content strategy, and modifying positioning and targeting
- Minimum two years of experience as a SDR or BDR, ideally with SaaS technology (supply chain segment preferred)
- Successful track record of targeting - and engaging - enterprise B2B buyers that convert into new logos
- Experience using sales development tools (e.g. CRM, cadence-building software) with preference given to Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo, and Outreach.io
- Fluent and creative communicator especially with email outreach
- Comfortable working independently, proven self-starter
- Must be located in the US or Canada