Convey is the first outcome-oriented supply chain management technology. We provide businesses worldwide unmatched visibility into shipping and delivery and the tools to take action from order to delivery (and everything in between). Our clients include the world’s largest retail businesses and all share in our vision for a future where supply chains are dynamic, agile, and data-driven. We believe that one day every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed, and enhanced by our platform, creating better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
Do you have a track record of building both internal and external-facing software services in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about introducing disruptive and innovative software solutions for the $1T shipping and logistics industry? Are you ready to deliver immediate impact with the software you create?
We’re looking for software engineers like you to become key members of our engineering organization. Because you are curious and driven, you’ll naturally explore how to build elegant and creative solutions to complex technical challenges. Because you value a sense of community and shared commitment, you’ll collaborate closely with others to ship software that delights our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
Who You Are
- You pay attention to details, and love writing beautiful, well-designed and tested code that can stand the test of time
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You have scaled large distributed systems
- You deliver well-written software in Java and Python or similar languages
- You’ve owned a project from concept to production including the design and execution phases
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You have solid engineering fundamentals with one or more areas of deep knowledge and experience
- Must be located in the USA or Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Build both internal and external REST/JSON services running on our 100% Docker-based application stack
- Build data pipelines around event-based and streaming-based AWS services and application features
- Participate in scaling critical systems by building resilient and performant software
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations and test
- Help set technical direction for the team, fixing todays problems while anticipating long-term challenges
- Work with key stakeholders to make critical decisions
- Be a positive role model and mentor for junior developers in all areas of code health
Technologies We Use
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java is our language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Postgres is our SQL database of choice