We are looking for a DevOps Release Engineer who will play a key role in improving and maintaining the SaaS solutions we provide to the market. The Convercent platform incorporates a wide variety of features, including scalable website & ecommerce hosting, rating, billing and an array of integration capabilities with external partners using web APIs and other technologies. This is a very hands-on role which will work with our engineering and QA departments, building and maintaining production environments in Azure.
- Automate builds and software deployments to many environments
- Troubleshoot and contribute to resolution of production issues
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Write scripts to automate operations, reporting and server management
- Maintain QA and Production environments/configurations using automation tools
- Build and maintain infrastructure on Azure cloud resources
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs
- Document current and future configuration and CI/CD processes and policies
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years developing in C# and using OOP development practices
- 2+ years working with scalable web-based applications and infrastructures
- 1+ years working with SQL Databases or Document Stores
- 1+ years working with RESTful web services
- Experience in Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Exposure to serverless computing and cloud native solutions
- Azure: 2 years minimum practical and extensive experience of the components
- Scripting: 2 years minimum (PowerShell, Python)
- Experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale consumer enterprises
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (ADO, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Production experience in monitoring, alerting systems (e.g., NewRelic, Azure Monitoring)
- Experience with high availability and scalability in Azure
- Key characteristics of the right individual are a desire and passion to take-on a broad set of responsibilities
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills
Additional Skills and Experience:
- .Net Core / Asp.Net Core
- Microservice implementation
- Docker / Kubernetes / other containers and orchestration frameworks
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/CentOS) administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Experience administering web services on Linux and Windows
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & architectural diagrams
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong sense of ownership
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $140,000 - $150,000 base salary plus annual bonus
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.