The Manager of Customer Success is a vital member of the Convercent Customer Success Leadership Team. This individual will be a hybrid leader responsible for the strategy, execution, and management of a team of Customer Success Managers as well as functional leadership for several members of our professional services team. Our Customer Success organization is growing, and this leader will need to have a good understanding of both Customer Success and Professional Services organizations. who enable our customers to drive Ethics to the center of their business. Our customer success team is ultimately responsible for driving product adoption, identifying growth opportunities, delivering positive business outcomes, and ultimately renewing our customers. This role will focus on coaching and leading our CSMs to increase retention rates, improve customer health, and grow our existing relationships through cross selling and upsell initiatives.
You will understand the customer success managers’ role, processes, and paths to success and help to remove roadblocks and improve efficiencies within the broader customer success organization. You will be responsible for partnering cross functionally with our support, professional services, product, and sales team to deliver customer outcomes.
This role will report to the Sr Director of Customer Success.
- Build and lead a high performing team of Customer Success Managers
- Deep understanding of the Convercent customers, software, and services
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion, and renewals
- Work closely with the revenue management to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities (i.e., opportunities and risks)
- Customer escalation management, triage, prioritize issues, negotiate customer priorities, and manage expectations
- Drive performance metrics: CSAT, renewal rate, upsell/cross-sell identification, reference-ability, adoption, and customer engagement
- Guide CSMs on their professional development journey
- Remain current on the Convercent platform, company, and E&C program development
- Create and maintain meaningful playbooks for CSMs to execute CTAs
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures
- Work closely with the Support and Professional Services Managers to ensure that customer outcomes are met
Required Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and quickly changing environments
- Highly collaborative, and willing to lead and work with varied teams to achieve goals
- Possesses a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate teams
- Superior communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create customer success programs that increase engagement, sentiment, and reduce churn that generates customer acquisition, conversion, and retention
- Experience in evaluating and managing risks associated with customer health and product adoption
- Superb hands-on approach to problems with the ability to up level the communications of results
- 5 years minimum work experience within Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or similar customer facing role in a SaaS company
- 2-3 years of People Management experience
- Ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $110,000 - $130,000 base salary + variable compensation
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.