Controlant is looking to hire talented data engineers to join our growing community in Controlant R&D. We are looking for highly motivated people that are eager to take on the challenge of shaping the future of our already successful world-leading solutions for monitoring the global pharma and food supply chain.
Our Data Engineer’s focus is on building and maintaining our Data Warehousing, Master data management and integration between other systems. We are looking for experienced data pipeline builders and data wranglers who enjoy working in dynamic environments.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of our data architecture
- Development of ETL processes to be used in data modeling, mining, and data production
- Conducting testing on large scale data platforms
- Ensure and support the data architecture utilized by data scientists and analysts
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- Several years of professional experience
- Ability to develop scalable ETL packages
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Should be well versed in SQL as well as NoSQL technologies
- Should possess knowledge of data warehouses and big data technologies
- Should possess creative and out of the box thinking
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Stellar communication skills
Good to have
- Having worked in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization
- Experience working with Azure Synapse (Azure SQL Data Warehouse)
- Having worked in a regulated environment such as pharma
Working at Controlant
We are a team of R&D professionals working actively on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams building solutions following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
"I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help."
– Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.