Controlant is looking to hire Engineering Managers to lead and grow teams of talented software and data professionals building Controlant’s world-leading real-time monitoring solution used by global companies in the pharmaceutical and food industries.
We are looking for a skilled leader with a technical background and a passion for delivering quality products, cultivating a team of talented software developers and building a world-class software engineering culture.
As an Engineering Manager you will take the helm of a stream-aligned development team, ensuring consistent delivery, people growth, and team health.
- Build a strong team culture, make team work and progress visible.
- Manage and support team members, provide coaching and mentoring, facilitate career growth.
- Manage execution and deliveries for the development team.
- Coordinate feature prioritization in cooperation with the Product Manager and team.
- Negotiate timelines and trade-offs with Product Managers and Tech Leads.
- Align with stakeholders on inter-team dependencies, analyze and mitigate delivery risks.
- Track, manage, and communicate development progress against plans.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading and growing software development teams in an international setting.
- Experience and passion for coaching, mentoring, and leading others.
- Deep understanding and experience with various software development methodologies.
- Strong project management knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong soft skills and the ability to tackle ambiguous problems.
- Experience developing cloud services and a good understanding of web APIs.
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as pharma.
Working at Controlant
We are a team of 50+ R&D professionals actively working on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software solutions, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams, following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
"I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help."
– Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.