Controlant is looking to hire an experienced front-end web developer to join our growing community in Controlant R&D (Research and Development). We are looking for quality-minded people with a solid track record in designing and implementing web applications. The ideal candidate is eager to take on the challenge of shaping the future of our already successful, world-leading solutions for monitoring the global pharma and food supply chain.
You will join an autonomous Agile development team and develop Controlant's real-time monitoring solution used by global companies in the pharmaceutical and food industries. You will actively participate in the design and development of new functionality as well as improving existing features.
Your primary task will be to design and implement user interfaces for maximum usability and performance in web applications. You will produce front-end code and visual comps to create a polished and highly functional user interface with primary focus on usability and simplicity of design. You will work across teams to align on best practices and continuously improve the way we work and build solutions in Controlant R&D.
- University degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experienced front-end developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in professional industry.
- Proficient in web technologies such as HTML, CSS/LESS/SCSS, ES5+/TypeScript, REST APIs.
- Proficient in web frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Experience with UX/accessibility design and optimization.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to have
- Experienced in Usability Testing.
- Experienced with CI/CD systems (e.g. Gitlab CI).
- Experience and interest in designing and implementing modern APIs.
- Experienced in writing and maintaining Software-as-a-Service applications at scale.
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as pharma.
Working at Controlant
We are a team of 50 R&D professionals working actively on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams building solutions following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
"I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help."
– Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.