Controlant is seeking an ambitious hardware developer to join our growing community in Controlant R&D. We are looking for a quality minded person, eager to take on the challenge of helping to shape the future of our already successful world-leading solutions for monitoring the global pharma and food supply chain.
Responsibilities and task examples
- Being a member of Controlant's hardware team.
- Working on Controlant's main hardware products, M2M cellular connected measurement devices.
- Working on production process implementations in relation to the product.
- Documentation and certifications.
- Lab testing and prototyping.
- University degree in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Experience in hardware development.
- Experience in circuit design.
- Hardware design skills using Altium, OrCAD, Eagle or similar.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable of working independently.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Interest in new techniques and technology.
Nice to have
- Experience in SolidWorks or similar.
- Experience in embedded development using C.
- Experience in Python.
- Knowledge of hardware testing methodologies.
Working at Controlant
We are a team of 45 R&D professionals working actively on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams building solutions following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
"I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help."
– Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.