Samara is a design studio at Airbnb exploring the future of human connection, building products and services that bring us closer to each other and with ourselves. Our work is anchored in beautiful design, rich narrative, a radical spirit, and expands on Airbnb’s DNA. If we’re successful, we’ll pioneer Airbnb beyond travel into new, diverse areas of business and culture that benefit society and change the way people experience the world.
The Contract Web Designer has a sharp eye for design, a deep understanding of UI principles across different screen sizes and devices, and refined typographic & motion design skills for the web. They will work closely with Samara’s creative leadership and engineers and to design magical and sophisticated web experiences that channel Samara’s values and visual identity.
- Starting from a prompt or a sketch, iterate through a variety of explorations of a web design concept
- Create comprehensive specs that show exactly how designs will work on different screens and devices
- Keep type styles consistent, but know when to break rules for impact
- Comp fluid and compelling animations with precise timing
- 5 years experience in web design
- Experience across all phases of web design, from ideation, iteration, the creation of high fidelity UI specs, and prototyping
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete projects under pressure with tight deadlines
- Fluency in UI motion graphics tools - Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, Framer, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Incredible typographic skills, especially in the context of websites
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Beautiful portfolio demonstrating experience delivering a polished product