As Deputy Editor, you’ll work with the Editor in growing the brand’s position as a primary source for in-depth analysis. This is a fantastic role for a creative senior reporter or journalist who is craving a challenge, more autonomy and ownership.
The successful candidate will have some exposure to finance markets, work to high editorial standards, and work off a list of industry contacts to inform their coverage. We’re looking for a passionate writer with strategic editorial skills to drive our target audience engagement.
· Set and monitor editorial strategy, reporting weekly on performance
· Use primary research to inform and execute the content strategy, with an unwavering focus on the needs of our tier-1 audience
· Writing in-depth analytical features, news-based pieces and other forms of content in line with the editorial agenda
· Seek opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement and collaborate with marketing team on content amplification planning as part of your editorial planning process
· Host industry events, interview key market stakeholders
· Inform the direction of the wider brand, including online events and panels and consult with product team to support new products
· Evolve output, working to ensure increased engagement with this tier-1 audience
· Control and work to assigned internal budgets
· Display an array of types of content, applying high editorial standards
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate
· Degree in journalism
· Strong writing and reporting skills
· Excellent editing skills
· Experience of creation, production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
· Collaboration and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
· Flexible mindset
· Humble and Social
· Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
· 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
· Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
· Pension Scheme
· The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development. “There is no failure. Only feedback. – Robert Allen. OR “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.