Contentive is a fast-growing media and virtual events company with an exciting future. Our purpose is to help B2B tech businesses find the right clients, provide relevant networking opportunities through our growing online communities and give valuable insights as thought leaders in the FinTech, Accounting, Treasury and Digital Marketing realms.
B2B tech firms are increasingly focused on pipeline efficiency and ROI. For this reason, we work with companies like Adobe, Sage, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce, etc. and link potential buyers of tech with technology firms looking for qualified prospects.
We actively strive to build an inclusive, friendly, and innovative culture. Working in a remote-first setting helps us give our people the freedom, tools and resources to grow, learn, and experience a satisfying and fun work environment.
You enjoy a good challenge and want to be the best at what you do. As an experienced Financial Controller/Finance Director, you will report to the CEO and play an integral role helping to commercially manage the P&L responsibilities as well as helping the business make strategic financial decisions. Understanding business performance and making decisions on growth and cost efficiency, will be an important part of this role.
You will be involved in driving initiatives including driving the cost effectiveness, business’ forecasts and annual planning cycle, and providing our senior leadership team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance. This coupled with a down to earth, meticulous approach and ability to collaborate with colleagues across the business will enable you to thrive at Contentive.
- Strategic partner. Serve as a key member of the top management team in developing and implementing Contentive business strategy. Act as a thought leader in providing analytical insight and perspective with respect to measures such as cash flow, business development and unit economics. Partner with the senior management teams to provide financial oversight, establish metrics and monitor performance.
- Active financial management. Be hands on with finance and financial management. Be prepared to roll your sleeves up and process invoices and look after the pennies and well as the strategy. See the opportunity to get hands on work done as a real contribution to the business rather than a task that is beneath them. Ensure that they actively monitor the business and produce the MI and reporting that is needed to achieve this.
- Planning and analysis. Oversee the development of capital allocation and strategic plans to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources. Help lead the development of future business strategies as well as pricing models for products and services; establish long term financial goals; and monitor and analyse ongoing performance against these objectives. Develop high-quality financial information and analysis to provide context and insight to decision-makers across the companies.
- Capital markets. Play a leading role in defining the companies’ financial structure, equity fund raising and balance sheet management. Interface with investors and third party financial institutions; arrange and negotiate bank credit lines, loans and other debt financings. Continuously evaluate options to maximize company value as they grow.
- Establish strong financial controls and, more importantly, serve as a moral compass within the companies by instilling a culture that emphasises dealing with issues in a transparent and honest way.
- A qualified accountant, either ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in financial accounting, controlling, and reporting, preferably in a fast-growing start up environment.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Strong systems literacy and excel skills, you should be comfortable working with large sets of data in excel
- Ability to Business Partner with colleagues outside of finance
- You have experience with accounting software (preferably Xero)
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent meticulous nature
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- (Desirable) Experience in working with Sales teams to create commission and incentive plan
Your personality will demonstrate:
The successful candidate will be intellectually powerful, candid, direct and non-political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity and ambition. Other essential attributes include:
- Untarnished reputation for personal and professional integrity and honesty.
- Strong executive presence and credibility; an executive with management skills that allow for instant credibility with employees, customers and business partners.
- A proven motivator of people; an executive with undeniable experience in rallying the troops; not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Ability to think and act like a shareholder; proactively suggests change and improvements and is willing to execute on them.
- Exceptional overall business and general management skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- A creative and innovative individual, with the ability to simplify, communicate and sell ideas across the organization.
- A team-oriented, assertive personal style; highly developed interpersonal skills, adept as an influencer and negotiator.
- An interest in technology and the rapid developments of the global economy.
We support your career development journey
In the words of Stephen Curry “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.”
Your career is in your hands. You'll feel empowered to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive.
We will always encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. As such, we adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
Our Culture and Values
Contentive sees diversity as a positive resource that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes for everyone involved. So, we are really keen on maximizing the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
We put value on:
- Being passionate about our work
- Having a flexible mindset
- Being humble and social
- Having a curious nature
- Being accountable
- Diversity and inclusiveness