We are on the lookout for a Community Development Executive to join the newly formed New Ventures team, led by our CEO. Your overall objective will be to drive audience acquisition and retention of our HRD Network, methodically and creatively. Previous experience in building communities, social media advertising, content marketing, and virtual event production would be highly advantageous. The ideal person for this role is highly organised, results-driven and engaging.
The HRD Network is an HR-focused community of practitioners, industry and thought leaders. This relatively new project follows the success of our award-winning HRD Connect media brand, which has become a leading global provider of multimedia content and events. Our goal for the HRD Network is to grow the community exponentially, to become the go-to space for HR leaders to learn, problem-solve, strategise, benchmark and connect with peers. Via our bespoke platform, we provide the community with compelling content and virtual events that directly address their priorities, challenges and interests. We leverage several channels for acquisition, and we’re always seeking creative new ways to reach and delight our target audience.
Community acquisition and retention
- Work with the Head of Community Development to set audience acquisition targets and develop the plan to hit them
- Actively invite HR leaders to join the HRD Network via social channels, email and our internal data sets
- Work with the HRD brand team, across content, events, marketing and sales to amplify the community amongst the target audience with emphasis on community growth/acquisition
- Write email newsletters to engage the community and prompt their participation in our upcoming events, webinars, roundtables and discussions
- Manage the HRD Network platform, ensuring ease of use for users, regular content updates and community engagement
Event design, production and delivery
- Reach out to HR practitioners, influencers and thought leaders to secure them to lead discussions.
- Collaborate with the speakers to design impactful discussion outlines.
- Be responsible for scheduling webinars with speakers, ensuring there is no clash with HRD-related events across the business.
- Post and promote events across the HRD Network and related social channels.
- Manage audience acquisition and retention.
- Design assets using canva as and when necessary.
- Develop scripts and questions for discussion host.
- Occasionally run live discussions.
- Create takeaway content from the discussions.
- Conduct independent and internal research to determine the key topics of importance for our HRD audience.
- Expand on topics to establish key themes and questions we need to address.
- Identify the most authoritative industry voices and engage them with the objective of getting their direction, perspective and inputs to craft content that is focused and drives engagement.
- Engage with colleagues working across the HRD brand, to understand the priorities, challenges and opportunities facing HR/people leaders.
- Create multimedia content aligned with the priorities and challenges of the target audience front and centre, ensuring engagement is relevant and timely.
- Ensure folders and assets are organised in the shared drive.
- Keep record of upcoming events, speaker details and relevant data including contact details.
- Track the actual growth of the community vs the forecasted target and provide regular updates to the team.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ experience with an emphasis on community building, leveraging social media, bespoke platforms and content marketing.
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to engage audiences strategically and creatively.
- An affinity for driving value from digital tools and services.
- Comfortable with change: We operate in a competitive and saturated marketplace, which means we need to consistently evolve and innovate to stay ahead.
- Focused and productive: To be effective in our work, we need to progress our objectives clearly and with haste.
- Organisation and planning: Our approach needs to be rigorous, structured, planned well in advance so that we have time and bandwidth to adapt to change.
- Ambitious and tenacious: We set audacious goals and pursue them with vigour.
- Problem-solving: Obstacles are inevitable so it’s important to develop the ability to tackle them head-on.
- Autonomous and trustworthy: Demonstrate a track record of good decision-making and dependability.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development. “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.