Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 37 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful’s Sales Engineers explain the benefits of our platform and approach regarding content management to developers, product managers, and C-level executives.
Our Sales Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Sales Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
In collaboration with our Solution Architects, Sales Engineers at Contentful also play a critical role after the conclusion of a sales contract by continuing to advise and assist the customers’ developers and implementation teams in conjunction with the efforts of our Customer Success Management team. We believe that continuity in our customer relationships helps us understand and ensure achievement of the customers' goals.
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify any technical risks involved with this process, and provide, when required, mitigation strategies
- Create demos and assist with technical proofs-of-concept to demonstrate how our APIs solve identified problems and fit into a prospect’s existing environment
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Hands-on experience with programming in several of the following languages: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- Proven experience with current web technologies (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, and confidence conveying knowledge to a highly experienced technical audience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Collaborate with amazing companies from all around the world on their most innovative new projects
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Join the forefront of the microservices revolution and help companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- We provide a relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and will help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. We look forward to your application!