Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll be working on a large, sophisticated, single page application used by thousands of users to manage, create and edit their content in Contentful.
We target current evergreen browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) to provide a highly interactive, smooth user-experience inside the browser, allowing users to perform complex tasks around content management.
The frontend application does not only communicate with a REST API but has a real-time connection to the server and other users for collaboratively editing documents.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m), you will work on a complex, modular user interface where API design, application architecture and application state management are the main challenges. As a member of a cross-functional team, you'll work side by side with backend and QA engineers. You'll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and approaches that are not limited to frontend development but will also give you a comprehensive grasp of the entire product.
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Solid knowledge of at least one modern frontend framework (React + Redux, AngularJS …)
- A Computer Science background is considered a plus
- Knowledge of functional programming principles is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
Read about a recent project from the Frontend Group: using GraphQL with Contentful
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!