About the opportunity
Contentful is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our team and play a key role in our business partnerships.
As a Business Systems Analyst you will be working with both developers and internal business partners on developing new and improving existing processes that are audit-ready and compliant, while still maintaining a flexible platform.
What to expect?
- You are a go-to person when it comes to communication between IT and our business partners to ensure all involved work together to attain the best results
- Elicit, document, and analyze requirements around business challenges, and then produce data-driven solutions
- Define user stories and test cases to help technical teams create multi-system, integrated, end to end workflows
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Develop and maintain role based personas to manage user access permissions
- Help develop and define product roadmaps
- Execute our change management process for SaaS based business systems
- Define and implement audit process flows
- Develop operational data flows between systems
- Improve data definitions in the Business Systems eco-system with regard to the end-to-end processes in the entire company
- Train teams and key users on all process changes within Business Systems, including process documentation
- Develop and prepare reports in cooperation with the business partners requirements
- Facilitate the project intake process and assist with project prioritization
- Create project problem statements and strategy documents
What you need to be successful?
- You have at least 5 years working experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- You have great leadership skills to guide our business partners throughout a project
- You have excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders at all levels of the business, gather requirements, and oversee projects from beginning to end
- You have great agile/scrum management skills to keep multiple concurrent projects on track and moving toward the end business goal
- You are a data-driven individual who tracks and evaluates data to provide insights back to the business
- You are an action-oriented individual who makes quick, actionable recommendations based on data findings
- You have the required skills which include: needs analysis, eliciting requirements, business case definition, requirements writing, requirements review, flow and process diagramming, wireframing, and business data analytics
- You have detailed understanding in one or more of the following functional business areas: finance, sales, marketing, partnerships, customer success, or IT end-to-end processes
- Expertise in multiple regulatory compliance standards such as ISO, SOX, SOC II, PCI and others
- Broad experience with end to end systems workflows in the Quote to Cash process from SalesForce to ERP systems.
- You have ability to give optimal solutions to the business requirements on the basis of best practices and compliance requirements
- Experience developing user access management profiles based on least privileged user and compliance related separation of duties
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Strong understanding of data governance concepts
- You have experience in end-user training
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.