Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service -- be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for this next generation of tools is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year, and has raised close to $20M from VC firms including Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, and Point Nine.
We're a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Joining our growing HR team as our company scales rapidly, you will work both collaboratively and independently to make a real impact in setting up our HR processes. Your passion for HR means that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of HR projects that will shape our business going forward. What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve interesting problems. We are a hard-working, international, agile and feedback-oriented bunch, that enjoys interacting with one another in a cozy, respectful and welcoming environment.
In your role as HR Business Partner, you will be a strategic partner to the management on all HR related topics. You are fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs, and their duties. If you describe yourself as a team player who wants to make an impact shaping the business with fresh, new ideas, we really want to hear from you!
- Be the major point of the contact for the employees and managers in the business unit
- Help to develop and implement better people management practices
- Build a valuable relationship between the HR department and co-employees
- Facilitate requests and solutions to/from the business unit
- Provoke positive changes in the people management area, acting as the performance improvement driver
- Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes
- Support managers in all labor law related topics
- Work closely with the rest of the HR department to contribute and shape team projects
- 3-5 years of experience working as an HR Business Partner
- Team player who can work independently and facilitate change
- You have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- You have a wide range of skills including negotiation, project management and change management
- You are someone with a strong business acumen
- Time management and juggling priorities is second nature to you
- You're analytical and great at problem-solving
- You possess labor law knowledge
- Work together in a cozy and innovative team of HR professionals
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!