About the opportunity
Contentful is driving growth for its customers and using insights from data to make this happen. The Data Engineers at Contentful have built a data platform to enable the continued ingestion of data powering insights, customer outreach and support and, most importantly, product improvement. We hope you will join a team tasked with improving the data platform through continued oversight and innovation to provide this enriched data to teams throughout the company.
The data platform is centered around our Data Lake, Data Warehouse and the micro-services that help continually ingest data from vital resources from Contentful as well as such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and Customer Data Management platforms. We are growing rapidly and adding additional tools that need to resiliently power the company.
As a DataOps Engineer at Contentful, you will work on retrieval as well as distribution of data from various data pipelines across the entire Contentful Stack and various third party tools. Data Engineers ensure that data is consistently flowing from our backend systems in collaboration with our Infrastructure, Backend, and Frontend engineers. Collaboration also continues with provision of ETL tooling for our Analytic Engineers who are utilizing data to build high performance domain models meeting the critical needs of our Contentful stakeholders.
We welcome your experience in infrastructure engineering and application development to help us address the challenges of a company that puts data-driven decisions at the center of its product and business.
What to expect?
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS to support all use of the data platform. We use Terraform and CDK to manage the infrastructure. Some of the AWS services we use most are Redshift, SNS, SQS, S3, and IAM.
- Manage the services using the AWS CLI and bash scripts. boto3 is a Plus.
- Dockerize Go and Python applications and deploy them to the cloud with Kubernetes.
- Manage our Kubernetes Cluster that runs Airflow and microservices.
- Manage data ingestion SaaS tools such as Stitch data or Segment.
What you need to be successful?
- Experience with AWS and managing resources with IaC technologies such as Terraform or CDK
- Comfortable in the command line
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines. We work with CircleCI.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Dockerizing apps. We build our apps mainly in Python and Go.
- Experience with Kubernetes. We have Airflow deployed with Kubernetes, and we run scheduled services with it.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1 #LI-REMOTE
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.