About the opportunity
Our customer base is growing at a fast pace, and our platform serves billions of API requests every single day, especially Black Friday. We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to oversee the Infrastructure group managing multiple teams and projects, driving initiatives, and ensuring our infrastructure products enable customers and internal stakeholders to be as successful as possible.
You’ll be responsible for managing a team of PMs, shaping the future of our platform infrastructure strategy, discovering opportunities for expanding its value and capabilities, and guiding the process of scaling up our platform as we grow. In this role, you’ll pair with the Engineering Director of Infrastructure, leading a key group within our Product Development organization.
The Infrastructure group improves existing capabilities and innovates on what’s next for the cloud-native, AWS infrastructure layer of our enterprise-ready, highly scalable, reliable, and compliant content platform that powers the next generation of digital experiences. This group also owns the build, test, and deployment infrastructure to provide the best possible experience for all Contentful engineers.
What to expect?
- You’re responsible for the success of our infrastructure and work closely with senior leadership to ensure that opportunities delivered meet the expected outcome.
- You define and execute against quarterly Infrastructure group objectives & key results (OKRs) in line with the 3-year strategy and the rolling 5-quarter plan.
- You clearly articulate your group’s strategy, ensuring alignment & consistency with the overall business and product strategies across product lines and across the triad.
- You’re responsible for the products within your group to work seamlessly with our growing portfolio to create the most value for Contentful customers & engineers.
- You help to establish scope and success criteria for opportunities and work together with Product Managers inside cross-functional teams to identify key trade-offs and decisions to be made.
- You coordinate closely with peers across the triad in adjacent groups to prioritize and balance both short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs.
- You lead, coach, and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role.
- You contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often, and well.
- You partner with Engineering, Experience, Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success as needed, forming productive relationships and processes.
What you need to be successful:
- You’ve been working in a similar role with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of how to scale platforms in high-growth environments.
- You’re an infrastructure expert around relevant customers needs and market & technology trends to set the 3-year vision and strategy for your group.
- You’ve delivered technical platform innovations and improvements, and understand how to think through platform concerns in a cloud-native, API-first environment.
- You’ve been accountable for driving large-scale initiatives across multiple projects and teams for enterprise product offerings.
- You have experience managing Product Managers, either in a formal supervisor role or in a product lead role without formal supervisor responsibilities.
- You’ve successfully coached or mentored experienced Product Managers to grow talent and establish a learning culture.
- You’ve created a product vision and strategy, gotten leadership buy-in, and executed on the strategy by leading multiple teams to deliver in an agile environment.
- You can be hands-on with product management responsibilities when needed, and master higher-level organizational challenges.
- You understand strengths and shortcomings of quant and qual research methods.
- You work, and inspire others to work, in a structured way to solve customer problems and develop the solutions that deliver the biggest results with the least inefficiency.
- Your written, visual, and verbal communication is clear, concise, and convincing.
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and capable of working autonomously without strong oversight or direction.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate and build consensus across different roles, organizational levels and personalities.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation
- days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely.
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend).
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.