Contentful is a modern content platform for businesses. Our mission is to enable digital teams across the world to quickly build the best digital experiences imaginable. We are only scratching the surface of our full potential and we have an impressive amount of work ahead of us. This means you have an incredible opportunity to join us on this journey and do meaningful, challenging work whilst growing your career.
About The Role
Commercial Services is a part of Foundation Engineering at Contentful. Our teams operate at the intersection of Contentful’s customers, products, and business operations. We manage the complete customer and product life cycles; we report our customers’ billing and usage with an emphasis on accuracy and depth of insights; we protect our customers’ data through secure identity and access management; and we build and operate a highly available and precise control plane for Contentful.
If you enjoy working on a broad range of complex and impactful Software Engineering problems for a rapidly growing customer base, this will be a great opportunity for your career.
What To Expect
- Identify, scope, and lead technical projects while building the foundation for early products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Own solving problems for our customers end-to-end across a variety of systems and services, in close collaboration with other engineers on your team
- Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Actively participate in setting strategic direction and making product decisions, working closely with product managers and other stakeholders
What You Need To Be Successful
- You enjoy designing and operating highly available and robust distributed systems
- You enjoy working together in a cross-functional team to discover and deliver innovative solutions for customers
- You care deeply about teaching and mentoring other engineers
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.