About the opportunity
We are looking for an AP Accountant to join our Accounting team. The AP Accountant will be involved in a number of activities including: entering invoices and matching PO’s; posting journal entries and completing month end reconciliations; working with the broader team on quarterly and annual audits and being involved in a number of projects to drive improvements in our overall processes. This position would suit someone earlier in their career who has a desire to learn and add value in a fast paced environment.
What to expect?
- Enter invoices into accounting and P2P software, match and reconcile PO’s, and ensure timely payments
- Run AP reports and review data entry errors
- Proactively work with department leaders making purchasing requests to ensure accurate coding of purchases from requisition to payment
- Perform new vendor setup and support vendor change management
- Review and process approved expense reports for payment
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Assist with external audit requests, including preparation of supporting schedules
- Provide insight into the AP process to aid in the optimization of NetSuite and other new and existing platforms
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain relevant transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Work with various internal and external customers including tax authorities, banks, investors, employees and others to deliver on time and accurate information
- Ad hoc projects as needed to support rapid growth of the company
What you need to be successful?
- Prior accounting / accounts payable experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management (or equivalent) required
- Professional attitude and communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible team player that is also able to operate independently
- A curious and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to learn
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud ERP systems a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $75,000 - $78,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.