About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources to cybersecurity and information protection.
As a Cloud Security Engineer (f/m/d) at Contentful, you will be part of the Security Engineering team responsible for securing our production environment. This position focuses on the security of our cloud environment, working closely with infrastructure and product teams to design and engineer infrastructure security features in the platform.
What to expect?
- Collaborating with software engineers and Engineering leadership to determine security requirements for new projects.
- Evaluating new technologies for the prevention, detection, and response of cybersecurity incidents.
- Performing environment hardening in alignment with AWS and Kubernetes good practice.
- Creating tools and automation to improve the effectiveness of security engineers and operators.
- Identifying Contentful platform security improvements and collaborating with Engineering and Product teams to appropriately prioritize implementation.
- Promoting security best practices and patterns during technical architectural reviews.
What do you need to be successful?
- Experience with implementing security capabilities for CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience with threat modeling cloud-native applications and infrastructure
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure security
- Experience with enterprise secrets management
- Experience with implementing least-privilege access models and role-based access control across AWS and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with cloud-native authentication and authorization technologies
Nice to have
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK framework and penetration testing methodologies
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks and their practical application within cloud-native environments: ISO 27001, Sarbanes Oxley.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.