About the opportunity
The Growth Group is a cross-functional team with the mission of driving Contentful’s self-service business through product-led growth. The team has full responsibility for the strategy and performance of a significant part of Contenful’s business, and is determined to make self-service an even bigger part of Contenful’s success story.
As a (Sr) Product Manager Growth, you will have a key role in this strategic initiative by owning the roadmap for a cross-functional growth product team. You will be responsible for diving deep into a specific problem space (i.e. activation, retention, or free-to-paid upgrades), leverage data and research to identify and validate opportunities for improvement and then work with your design and engineering counterparts to test your hypotheses. As a (Sr) Product Manager Growth, you will directly impact key business metrics that are key to Contenful’s future growth.
What to expect?
- Own and drive the product strategy for your relevant part of the customer journey and be accountable for business outcomes and KPIs
- Build a strong backlog of opportunities based on both qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Work with design and engineering on developing solutions and experiments to test your hypotheses quickly and drive business impact
- Further, develop and validate the KPI framework for your area together with our analytics lead (i.e. define setup and aha moment + metrics, discover retention-driving behaviors)
- Support the creation of the growth business case and forecast
- Collaborate and align closely with the growth marketing team (which owns acquisition and lifecycle strategy) to drive end-to-end solutions and experiences for our customers
- As this is a high visibility role, you will report your progress regularly to senior product leadership and beyond. By sharing learnings and methods developed in the Growth Group, you will help to evangelize the product-led growth mindset in the company
- This role requires being in the office 1 day(s) per week.
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a Growth Product Manager with at least 3 years of experience of creating and capturing value by accelerating adoption and usage of a complex digital product
- Proven success of influencing funnel metrics such as activation retention, or free-2-paid conversions and business outcomes
- You’re an expert in designing and analyzing experiments, as well as communicating results to a non-technical audience
- You know how to conduct both qualitative and quantitative discovery activities and can synthesize your insights to build a strong backlog of opportunities
- You understand the strengths and shortcomings of various quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Bonus: You have working in a B2B SaaS environment, ideally focusing on digital builders as your users (developers, product manager, marketeers)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.